Friday, November 9, 2012

Passion what are you passionate about ???? Ranting of a father !!!!!

The other day I had a friend in the next slip ask me what I am passionate about and how I have maintained such a great relationship with my  Daughters ......well I thought about  Sailing , Nance [not in that order ]and my wind generator .......it got me thinking deeply .....about my Daughters and  I am struck with thoughts about what and why ...things  I must instill or teach my daughters daily to counteract the garbage from Tv , the internet , school and thier friends www.botcwindsolar.com
Here is my list :[seriously tell me what you think of it piratesbotc@gmail.com]

1]Fathers are forever , I will always be there beside her , with her and for her to depend upon.A lighthouse.

2]She is beautiful just the way she is .Her Natural attractiviness is all she will ever need .Reaffrim this daily

3] She is enough and capable of anything.She has all the intelligence ,confidence and capability to accomplish anything.

4]Practice saying NO! along the way girlfriends and boyfriends will place her in a position where she may make poor choices but she must say no !!! Practice makes perfect !!!

5]Believe in RIGHT and WRONG , she will need moral clarity in the future ,teach what is ethical and right so she has a measure to live by.

6]Humility , Yes I want them to have confidience and independance but I also want them to respect others and treat them with diginity .[ie people in positions of authority , elders and me]

7]Maintain a healthy lifestyle with laughter , song and good food.They must have a heathly view of thier diet , lifestyle and excerise habits.Go SURFING  , eat mangos and laugh at the absurd.

8]Men should treat her with gentliness and respect , she should exspect and refuse anything less.

9]Modesty , it is more attractive to create a modest and authentic look , [revealing looks are crying for attention] there are boundries that are acceptable and these are my boundries.Deal with it and live with it.

10]Relationships and Family matter most , most of her joy and fullfillment will come from the relationships she builds , so she must choose and act wisely.Wait and catch the right wave.

11] Stay away from drugs and dont drink too much , Alcohol may be harmfull and impairs judgement, the effects of abusive before she is an adult is painful.

12] I will always defend her ,if someone wrongs her in any way I will always defend her and champion her cause ,she need never look elsewhere for protection.

13]Managing money , thrift and fruigality  are virtues to be held dear.

14]Honesty and Integrity , always maintain these qualities.

15]Patience , wait to have sex, wait for the right man ,wait so you can finish college , wait so you can travel ,dont rush into things ,the right wave will come.

16]Keep things simple  , the simplier the solution the more eloquent.

17]Believe and trust in the power of prayer , you are blessed and highly favored

18]We have Enough , dont fall victom to consumerism, give generously of yourself

19]Appreciate Nature , come with your Pop and go surfing or watch the sunset , marvel in the glory of nature and God

20]Be persistent ,Perseverance is a fine attribute to have and hold,catch the right wave
21]Be practical and pragmatic , solve all problems is a logical way , solve the problems for others they will love you for it

22]Dont get pushed around , you have authority over your life , take control , you are your own best hero !

23]Ask what can I do about it? Be practical and follow the prayer of St Francis [ my english Teacher had me recite it daily ,I thank her for that to this day] , it will reduce your stress and lead to a longer life

24]My love is unconditional , I will always, always , always love you , I may not agree with your choices But I will always love you and you must understand the seperation between these two concepts

Finally .....My Daughters Matter and the job of being a Father in todays society is difficult ,the opposition is fierce and unrelenting , I literally draw a line in the sand on my island daily , I will not give up on you ,I will be an example for you to be proud of now and in the future , our society will not claim you as a victim , I will ensure you are strong ,secure , proud and ready for tomorrow,I love you......thank you girls for teaching me as much if not more than I have taught you over the years.

www.bwsailing.com
www.cruisingworld.com
www.cruisingoutpost.com
www.zerotocruising.com
www.warrior1912.com
www.botcwindsolar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment